While we would love to offer wider sizers, they would just take up too much room and sadly be way too expensive to be a reasonable solution to helping you find the right size. Due to this, our sizers are only 2mm wide. This means that the wider the ring is that you order the more snug it will feel in comparison to the sizers. For example, while the size is the same, an 8mm wide ring will feel more snug than the 2mm sizer.
Human beings are surprising fluid in nature. Your finger can actually fluctuate in size throughout the day due to temperature and activity. The time of year can also impact the fit of your ring. In warmer months the ring will fit tighter and in cooler months it will fit looser. So unless you’re from somewhere besides planet Earth, consider trying the sizers at different times of day and in different temperatures.
Finger shape also plays a part in how your ring will fit. This is part of the reason why you can’t just measure the circumference of your finger to determine your ring size. If your finger is largest at the base rather than at the knuckle, the ring should fit snuggly at the base of your finger without causing an indent. If your finger is largest at the knuckle you should be able to get it on and off without a struggle, you may need to twist the ring one or two times though to get it off.
- Unscrew the cable of sizers (we know most of you know this, but someone out there is going to thank us for this, righty tightly lefty loosey) and find one that fits comfortable, but stays in place and does not fall off your finger.
- Shake your hand around a little (maybe due the hokey pokey) and make sure the sizer stays in place.
- Try putting it on and off a couple times, just don’t hurt yourself in the process.
- Wear the sizer around for a couple hours and make sure the size feels comfortable while you go about your business, whatever it may be. Please be aware, while the sizers are only in half sizes some ring are available in quarter sizes so if you're between two sizes, we may be able to make your ring in a quarter size.
- Once you know what sizer fits best look at the tab on the sizer. One side will say a size between 3 and 13, half sizes will have a dash in front of it (ex. size 8 1/2 will show as -8) with a letter below it. Email us at email@example.com with the size you need and we will start hand crafting your ring the following business day.
Sizing does come down to personal preference. There is no way for anyone else to know what size you will like best. Some people prefer their ring a little looser and some people prefer it a little tighter. However, please, please, please make sure there is at least a resistance in taking the ring off so that it doesn’t just fall off and get lost. Nobody wants that.